Friday, June 11, 2010

thundercats are go!


taking off today! mostly excited but just a lottle bit freaked out after the 1 hour "list of don'ts" lecture my doctor rattled off
yesterday...

"don't eat fruit, don't drink water, don't forget to buckle up, don't eat meat, don't do drugs, don't eat from street vendors..."

me- "you mean street vendors aren't legit?" (joking)
she- rolls eyes..

"don't joke, don't forget to wear a helmet, don't drink milk, don't keep your eyes off your bag for more than 1 second, don't walk barefoot on the beach, don't forget to wear 100 proof deet off, don't get malaria, don't get typhoid, don't have a baby, don't name that baby after his estranged father, jesus, people don't like when anyone other than jesus is named jesus."

gahhhh for a pregnant hippy geriatrics doctor she's kind of a stick in the mud. (i go to a retirement center healthcare clinic. i like old people, what's weird about that?) anyway, she means well. im totes naming my baby jesus though... 15 years from now that is.

k here goes the next 24 hours of getting from point A to punta B. austin to denver (silly), denver to san jose, san jose to samara, samara to all the things on my doctor's "don't" list. woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. I think what she is saying is don't go outside, don't get any sunlight, don't the fresh tropical fruit that you would enjoy! Haha she's crazy, you'll be fine McClain. (she sounds like the total wrong person to take to any vacation, ever)

    I hope you have the time of your life, please update this as much as possible so I will sort of know how much of a blast you are having. I am not really sure how I am going to survive without you being a phone call away...

    Love you! I will miss you soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooooo happy that you finally get to go. Be careful, but more importantly have FUN! Keep updating the blog, because it's awesome, and make sure to check your Facebook, because I will be messaging you to tell you how much I miss you.

    I think this is the first time in about 12ish years that I will not be able to call you up to chat. That's a long time lady...

    OK annnyyywayyys...have fun, love you, and adios (that's how people say bye there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking this doctor more every minute. Do NOT give me a grandson named jesus. Love you always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def don't name him Jesus. I think Fernando is pretty catchy though. Pick a soccer player.

    ReplyDelete